On January 5th, 2021 Governor Jay Inslee announced the "Healthy Washington - Roadmap to Recovery" plan, which allows fitness centers to resume business under a new set of restrictions. To view full announcement, please click the link below:
In Phase 1 of the Healthy Washington plan, Fitness establishments can open up for appointment based fitness/training for 45-minute max sessions. Occupancy is no more than 1 customer per room OR per 500sq. ft. for large facilities.
What this means for GreenLake Fitness is that we'll be able to open up using our previously set up Zone Reservation System with some slight adjustments. Although the current restrictions expire on January 11th, 2021 there is a lot that needs to be done in regards to the logistics of re-opening that we'll push our re-open date to January 18th, 2021.
MEMBERS: Please check your emails for a complete list of changes GLF is making to re-open. Here are some highlights:
1) We've lowered our capacity in each zone to abide by the new 500 sq. ft. per member restriction.
2) We've increased the number of zone reservations per day to give members a better selection of times to book.
3) We'll continue to use our online schedule system because, per the announcement, all workouts must be appointment based.
4) Workouts will be scheduled for 45 minutes blocks. Please arrive on time and leave on time.
Once we move to Phase 2 we'll be able to move to a simple restriction: maximum occupancy of 25%. This will allow us to extend workout times, so please bear with us under the current restrictions.
use the map on the "Classes" page or the images in the photo gallery above.
Click "Full Calendar" if scheduling more than 2 weeks ahead to find your day.
If you need to create a new profile, please use the email you provided GLF upon sign-up to pair your account with the one we created for you already.
There is no cancellation or no-show fee, but please only make reservations you're sure you will attend, and be sure to cancel ahead of time if your plans change.
Currently members are only allowed to reserve three times a week for a single workout per day. Once WA moves from Phase 1, we will revisit reservation restrictions/times.
-Members will need to check-in at the front desk 1-by-1 before each visit.
-GLF security access card and photo ID required for entry.
-Please expect a health screening, verbal agreement to our new waiver, and no-touch temperature check.
-New "Zone Training" blocks allow for CLF staff to clean & sanitize spaces more frequently.
-High touch surfaces are sanitized between every Zone reservation.
-Members must wipe down equipment after each use with provided sanitizer spray and individually issued cleaning rags.
-Upon entering and for the duration of a member's workouts, please maintain proper social distancing from other members and staff.
-Enter and exit spaces one at a time, and navigate tight spaces accordingly (ex. stairwells).
-All members will be required to bring and wear a face covering when entering and moving about the facility.
-You will not be allowed access to GLF without a face covering.
-To abide by Phase 2 guidelines the showers, individual lockers, & saunas will be closed to members.
-Members must bring in their own sweat towels.
-Members must bring in their own water as the fountain will be closed.
-If you are even feeling slightly unwell, please stay home until you are symptom free for 48 hours.
-Gyms are high respiratory environments and we wish to keep all our members and staff as safe & healthy as possible.
1. Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
2. Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or a sore throat?
3. Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
4. Have you had a loss of taste or smell?
5. Have you experienced any vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
6. Are you a "high risk" individual?
7. Should we be made aware of anything that my compromise the health and well being of the fitness center's staff and/or other members?
Answering "Yes" to any of the above questions will cause GLF staff to deny your entry to the club. The member must then wait at least 48 hours before returning to the club, symptom free.
- I agree that I am a member in good standing with GreeLake Fitness, and I am fully capable to partake in gym activities.
- I agree to wear a face covering while inside the fitness center at all times. If I must adjust my face mask, I will wash my hands and use hand sanitizer before proceeding with gym activities.
- I agree to bring my own water and face/hand towel as the gym will not provide these amenities during the current re-opening phase.
- I agree to not use the locker room facilities (i.e. lockers and showers) outside of hand washing and lavatory needs.
- I agree to wash my hands or use hand sanitizer immediately after gaining entry to the fitness center and prior to exiting.
- I agree to immediately sanitize all machines, equipment, and surfaces after use.
- I agree to abide by the social distancing guidelines at all times when inside the fitness center unless it is not feasible for a specific task (ex. spotting for safety).
-I agree that I will be denied entry if I do not have a photo ID and GLF issued security access card every time I visit the gym.
- I agree to have my temperature taken, answer a health screening questionnaire, and check in at the front desk every time I visit GLF.
- I agree that I may be asked to leave at any time if I do not abide by these re-opening policies, show negligence for the health/safety of others, or present symptoms of illness.
-I agree that my personal information may be released to the CDC as part of contact tracing efforts to trace and monitor contacts with infected individuals.
1) Keep an Active Membership
It is with humility, and immeasurable appreciation, that we ask you (our members) to continue your active memberships through this time. Your support will ensure that this 40 year old neighborhood establishment of health and wellness will continue to be here to reciprocate that support for years to come.
2) Donate to the gym
If you would like to make a donation to the gym, please feel free to email the General Manager, Kevin McKay, at email@example.com or send your donations made out to “GreenLake Fitness” to us at 7203 Woodlawn Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98115.
3) Take a Reduced Membership Rate
We understand that everyone is going through a lot right now and must make decisions based on their own individual needs, but please consider supporting GreenLake Fitness. We will still offer a reduced dues option of $10/month+tax for members wanting to support the gym and stay active until we hit Phase 3.
4) Cancel Your Membership
There is also the option to cancel entirely and rejoin when the time is right for you, but if you chose this route, please understand that there may be no gym to come back to.
If you plan on taking us up on the reduced dues option, or decide that you need to cancel entirely, please let us know directly so we can make the necessary adjustments to your account and send you a confirmation email. Requests must be submitted before the turn of the month to affect the next month's bill cycle.